Great News - We are allowed to re-open as of 4th July!
We have been given the Visit England 'We're Good To Go' certificate in recognition that our B & B has confirmed that we are following Government and Industry COVID-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social/physical distancing. Please see below for details on the new procedures and practices we have put in place.
We will not be taking bookings for all rooms at the same time, in order to manage cleaning regimes and space for social distancing in the dining room during breakfast. We will also be rotating rooms in order to allow as much time as possible between bookings.
For those of you that have stayed with us already, you'll know that our approach to cleanliness is extremely thorough. The well being of our guests and family who work with us is always our top priority. Even with the reduced UK alert level for COVID-19, we all need to remain vigilant and I wanted to reassure you that we will do everything we can to protect our guests and family. This will include following guidance out there from the UK Government, national and international health authorities and industry bodies such as the B & B Association. We already receive frequent updates from these organisations who are sharing hygiene recommendations and best practice guidance. In addition, here are a few other steps we are implementing, to give our guests further reassurance:
- A few days before your holiday you will receive an email from us giving you details of your stay and asking you to confirm your estimated time of arrival. We will also ask you to confirm that neither you nor any members of your party have been in contact with any potential COVID-19 cases or are experiencing symptoms yourselves and should therefore be self isolating at home.The email will also ask you to ring us before your visit to enable us to take payment for the sum outstanding - to reduce handling of our card machine and your card and face to face contact as much as possible. We will have your receipt ready for your arrival.
- We have placed hand sanitiser gel in the hall at the front door and would ask that all guests make use of this on entry.
- Communal areas, door knobs, banisters etc will be wiped down regularly with the recommended sanitiser certified to BSEN 1276 or 14476.
- For the immediate future we have closed our guest lounge. We have also closed our downstairs toilet and would ask you to use the toilet in your own room.
- Normally we would refresh your room each day, but as we all want to protect our own 'bubble', things are a bit different now. In the short term only, we will be asking guests to do a couple of things before they leave for their day. Weather permitting, please can you open a window slightly to refresh the room whilst you're out and leave any dirty cups and glasses outside your door, along with any bin that needs emptying from your room and your bathroom. When you come back, there will be fresh cups, glassess, and emptied bins. For longer stays of four days or more, we will agree with you when you're happy for us to change your towels and freshen your room.
- For the immediate future we have removed all soft furnishings from our rooms such as cushions and throws where possible.
- Our laundry is cleaned externally and our rooms will be deep cleaned and disinfected after each stay using the recommended sanitiser certified to BSEN 1276 or 14476.
- The dining room and other public areas will continue to be cleaned to the highest standard and hand sanitiser gel will be available for guests use at the entrance to the dining room.
- The dining room will be set up to allow maximum social distancing between guests and we will ask guests to sit at the same table each day.
- We will give you a breakfast order form to complete, so you can order your breakfast for the following morning. We ask you to leave the completed form on the downstairs hall table each night before 8pm. If you have any special dietary needs or allergies please let us know in advance.
- At busy times we will stagger our breakfast sittings for 8.30am and 9.30am to allow our guests to enjoy their breakfasts and to enable more social distancing. Your breakfast time will be agreed when you arrive.
- We have set aside a table by the kitchen door where we will pop your selected fruit juice, tea, coffee and hot breakfasts for you to collect, which will reduce traffic in and out of the dining room.
- If you wish to have a take-away evening meal in the house rather than eat out, our local takeaways can offer you this service. You are welcome to eat your meal in the dining room at your table, and order a drink from the bar if you like! Just let me know so I can set up the table for you.
- When you leave on check out day it would be great if you could leave your windows open and leave your key in the bedroom door.
- If you were to develop COVID-19 symptoms during your stay, we will ask you to inform us immediately by phone and head home to seek professional medical care.
- And finally, we have set up an action plan and log book in case we are required to report any COVID-19 cases to Public Health England and Torbay Council and contribute to any contract-tracing requests. The house will then have a further deep clean.
Hopefully all of this will give you peace of mind and means you can relax and enjoy your stay.