We have achieved the AA COVID Confident accreditation and been awarded the Visit England 'We're Good To Go' certificate in recognition that we are following Government and Industry COVID-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social/physical distancing. Please see below for details on the new procedures and practices we have put in place.
For those of you that have stayed with us before, you'll know that our approach to cleanliness is extremely thorough. The well being of our guests and staff is always our top priority. We will follow guidance from the UK Government, national and international health authorities and industry bodies such as the B & B Association. We receive frequent updates from these organisations who are sharing hygiene recommendations and best practice guidance. In addition, here are a few other steps we are implementing:
- A few days before your visit you will receive an email from us confirming details of your stay and asking you to confirm your estimated time of arrival. We will ask you to confirm that neither you nor any members of your party have been in contact with any potential COVID-19 cases or are experiencing symptoms yourselves and should therefore be self isolating at home. To reduce face to face contact as much as possible we will also ask you to ring us before your visit to enable us to take payment for the sum outstanding.
- We have placed hand sanitiser gel as you come in to the property and would ask that all guests make use of this on entry.
- All contact points in communal areas, door knobs, banisters etc will be wiped down regularly with the recommended sanitiser certified to BSEN 1276 or 14476.
- In the interest of social distancing we have had to close our guest lounge for the immediate future. We have also closed our downstairs toilet and would ask you to use the facilities in your own room.
- Normally we would refresh your room each day, but as we all want to protect our own 'bubble', things are a bit different now. In the short term only, we will be asking guests to do a couple of things before they leave for their day. Weather permitting, please can you open a window slightly to refresh the room whilst you're out and leave any dirty cups and glasses outside your door, along with any bin that needs emptying from your room and your bathroom. When you come back, there will be fresh cups, glassess, and emptied bins. For longer stays of four days or more, we will agree with you when you're happy for us to change your towels and freshen your room.
- For the immediate future we have removed all soft furnishings from our rooms such as cushions and throws where possible.
- Our laundry is cleaned externally and our rooms will be deep cleaned and disinfected after each stay using the recommended sanitiser certified to BSEN 1276 or 14476.
- The dining room and other public areas will continue to be cleaned to the highest standard and hand sanitiser gel will be available for guests use at the entrance to the dining room.
- The dining room will be arranged to allow maximum social distancing between guests and we will ask guests to sit at the same table each day.
- We will leave a breakfast order form in your room to complete, so you can order your breakfast for the following morning. If you have any special dietary needs or allergies please let us know in advance.
- At busy times we will stagger the breakfast sitting times to allow our guests to enjoy their breakfasts and to enable more social distancing. Your breakfast time will be agreed when you arrive.
- When you leave on check out day it would be a big help if you could leave your windows open and leave your key in the bedroom door.
- If you were to develop COVID-19 symptoms during your stay, we will ask you to inform us immediately by phone and head home to seek professional medical care.
- And finally, we have set up an action plan and log book in case we are required to report any COVID-19 cases to Public Health England and Torbay Council and contribute to any contract-tracing requests. The house will then have a further deep clean.
Relax and enjoy your stay.