Terms and Conditions
- Booking and Cancellation
- Upon the acceptance of a booking, Sonachan House (Sonachan) may require a deposit equal to the value of the first night of the total price quoted in order to retain the room.
- The deposit is non-refundable except in the case of cancellation by Sonachan for the reasons contained in clause 1.8.
- Acceptance of a booking, whether verbally or in writing creates a legally binding contract between Sonachan and the person from whom the booking has been accepted (the Guest).
- The number of people occupying a room must not exceed the maximum number stated.
- To amend a booking or make a cancellation the Guest must call Sonachan on +44 (0)1803 558021 and quote your reservation number, if any, your name check-in date and have details of your credit or debit card available.
- In the event of a cancellation of any booking or non-arrival by the Guest, the Guest shall pay to Sonachan a cancellation fee.
- Sonachan shall endeavour to re-let the accommodation but failing this, the cancellation fee shall be equivalent to the total cost of the booking except where this was calculated on a discounted or package basis in which case the cancellation fee will be the normal rate multiplied by the number of nights of the booking.
- Sonachan reserves the right to cancel a booking forthwith and without liability on its part in the event of damage or destruction to Sonachan by fire or other causes, any shortage of labour or food supplies, or any other cause beyond the control of Sonachan which shall prevent it from performing its obligations in connection with any booking. In such an event Sonachan will refund the full amount paid but will have no further liability to the Guest.
- Where the Guest gives credit card details to Sonachan in order to guarantee a booking or in order to make any payment then it is agreed between the parties that in the event of cancellation or non-arrival Sonachan may debit the Guest’s credit card with the full amount of the cancellation charge as set out in clause 1.7 less an allowance for any deposit or payment already received plus credit card handling charges when applicable.
- Payment of the bill for accommodation food and other services shall be made on presentation of invoice on arrival and/or prior to departure from Sonachan.
Occupancy shall be from 2pm on the day of arrival to 10am on the day of departure, unless special arrangements have been agreed in advance.
- All prices for accommodation, food and beverages are stated in pounds sterling and include VAT.
- All price increases resulting from Government regulations or legislation or local taxes or charges will be re-charged to the Guest.
- Loss of or damage to Guest’s Property
- Sonachan does not accept responsibility for loss of or damage to any cash, money, jewellery or other articles of value unless they are deposited at the Reception Office for safe keeping.
- In the event of negligence on the part of Sonachan which gives rise to loss of or damage to property belonging to a Guest Sonachan’s limit of liability will be limited to £50 for any single article and subject to a total of £100 in the case of any one Guest. No liability is accepted for any consequential loss arising from loss or damage to property of the Guest.
- Sonachan does not accept responsibility for loss of or damage to motor cars or other vehicles of any kind, or any property lost in them; or horses or other live animals including pets.
- Sonachan refers to and relies upon The Hotel Proprietors Act 1956.
- Loss from or damage to Hotel Property
- Guests shall indemnify Sonachan for any loss from or damage to Sonachan or the furnishings and equipment therein caused by the wilful act or default of the Guest or persons or animals within their control.
- The Guest shall pay to Sonachan on demand the amount required to make good or remedy the damage, or replace any items missing from Sonachan.
- If in the opinion of Sonachan the Guest or anyone staying with the Guest is not suitable to continue their occupation because of unreasonable behaviour, damage or nuisance to other parties, Sonachan is entitled to treat the contract as at an end and the Guest may be asked to vacate their room. The Guest will remain liable for the whole cost of the booking and no refund shall be due.
- If the Guest has a complaint concerning any aspect of the services provided by Sonachan then it is the duty of the Guest to inform Sonachan immediately, or as soon as is reasonably practicable and in any event before the termination of the stay.
- It is specifically agreed between the parties that failure by the Guest to notify Sonachan of any complaints in accordance with the timescale set out in clause 7.1 will entitle Sonachan to refuse to entertain the complaint, irrespective of the merits of the complaint.
- No Smoking Policy
- Sonachan operates a strict no smoking policy in all areas of the premises. This policy specifically extends to all bedrooms and public areas.
- Guests are politely asked not to smoke in the premises and Sonachan reserves the right to terminate this contract and ask guests that continue to disregard this policy to leave the premises.
- Without prejudice to the aforementioned the guest, when entering into this contract, specifically accepts liability for any damage caused to persons or property through smoking in Sonachan.
- General Points
- The Guest shall not arrange for the delivery of or deliver any goods or materials to Sonachan without prior arrangement with Sonachan.
- The guest shall not store or place on the perimeter of or in Sonachan any inflammable, combustible or objectionable substances or liquid.
- Sonachan does not allow food or drink other than that purchased on the premises to be consumed unless by prior arrangement.
The failure of Sonachan to enforce or exercise, at any time, or for any period of time, any term of, or any right pursuant to this Agreement does not constitute and shall not be construed as a waiver of such term or right.
- Legal Provision
- The construction, validity and performance of this Agreement is governed by the law of England and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- The Guest agrees that the Contract with Sonachan is made at Sonachan’s premises and that any proceedings between the parties shall be conducted in the County Court nearest to Sonachan.
- Clause Headings
Clause headings are for convenience only and do not form part of or affect the interpretation of this Agreement.
We may use software filters for stopping spam email. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.